1.31.2002

I've Been Blessed

I don't normally pray for extra time. Really, I've mostly come to grips with the whole 24-hours-in-a-day thing. But things can get desperate. And yeah, I spent 6 hours last night doing this stupid, 3rd-grade level poster project, and didn't study more than half an hour for a 30% exam in Macroeconomics! I was pretty much overwhelmed, and almost glad that I'd done the project instead of the exam, since the exam would be over this morning and neither would be hanging over my head.

So anyway, I got up at 6 this morning, abbreviated my quiet time to make sure I'd get to my exam in plenty of time. And God had blown a major fuse or something in the school, and classes have been canceled all day because of a power outage and coming snow. So we had a half-lit review session instead of class, and now instead of 4 classes, 4 meetings, and 1 seminar, I have FREEDOM! It's a great feeling, and I really send the praise up to God for de-stressing my week. I'm really needing this time; with 17 hours of scheduled non-work on the weekend and two exams, major homework, an outline, and a presentation due on Monday and Tuesday.

So off I go to redeem my time!