4.01.2002

Opening Day

I had to turn down the offer to take my brother to the game today for his birthday. I went to class instead, because I'll be missing the next 4 days, so missing 2 classes today was unconscionable. I miss one game... and look what happens! Pedro gives up 8 runs, 7 earned, Nomar makes an error, and the Sox are on their way to the highest-scoring slugfest in the league. Sheesh. And it's not like my classes were that much fun, either.

The This Blood performance went well today. Due to the bitter weather, only half a dozen folks actually stayed and watched it, but I think the fact that we publically did an openly evangelical event on campus is significant in opening up the campus to that type of free speech. Not that it's closed, just a little hostile. And it was so little work, bureaucratically, that I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Perhaps we will, when the weather's much nicer and we can garner a much larger audience... I'll have to see what the others think of that idea.