9.10.2002

Training Day

I'm now working for the U.S. Peace Corps, and underway on my second day of orientation. Right now we're being introduced to the NT's, and the "old folks" are learning how to use a mouse, minimize a window, etc. There are about a dozen people in my training group, including five interns. My supervisor is cool, an easygoing young woman, and there are going to be four other interns, though I'm the only full-timer.

I'm living for the time being with my aunt and uncle in Northwest, and it's gone very well.

I stayed up late last night watching the Patriots thrash the hapless Steelers at brand-spanking-new Gillette Stadium. Respect for the Patriots is in the mail, but I enjoy beating the spread day in and day out -- and I'll bet New Englanders are making plenty of cash off of easy bets in Vegas.

P.S. I love that new guy Branch - I don't know much about football, but he certainly seemed to get himself open with regularity, and always seemed to have control of himself and the ball. Great showing for a rookie in any case!