10.16.2002

Long Weekend

I spent Columbus Day weekend driving up and down I-95 and its derivatives.

David wanted me to tell you that.

Naw, that's mean. I had a great weekend, visited family and friends in Boston. My bro Zack, who couldn't plan a trip to the bathroom if it involved thinking ahead (but is otherwise a great guy), was kept under constant pressure to make sure he didn't double book. And he didn't. No, indeed, the night came when we were to prepare to leave the next morning. And he told his parents that we were going away for the weekend. Oops; his dad wanted him home to help on the house. So it was just Derrick and I.

It was fun being home, my family's doing very well, and my friends are as well (at least, the ones that I saw). The ones that I couldn't see, I'm sorry. And the ones that didn't return my email(s)...?? I don't know. I had difficulties with my mother within 2 hours of getting home. Some proverbial things never change. And she is a very good cook; she could hold her own against my French chefs on main dishes and presentation, if not on hors d'ouevres or wines. Desserts are a toss-up.

Props to Dubya for organizing a big praise night that came off very well. Props to JJ for joining BC's rugby "B" team. Props to Steve for remaining his hilariously simple self. (Steve on praying to the Virgin Mary: "That's like asking Michael Jordan's mother to teach your how to play basketball.") Props to Stacy, Matt, and Mel for making the trip down and managing to muddle their way, albeit circuitously, to the Hills'. No props for Mark Canney - he got lost driving within 3 blocks of the house, turned around and drove back to New Hampshire!