10.10.2003

It's All My Fault

Clearly, the Red Sox faltered last night because I failed to wear my Cowboy Up hat (a black cowboy hat from Cody, Wyoming with a red Boston 'B' sewn on the front) & because I shaved. I hadn't shaved or left the hat home on a game day since our previous loss, and the correlation is undeniable. Meanwhile, all those pathetic, superstitious folks are staring at the wall, wondering how the Sox could have lost even though they've worn the same (febrezed) underwear, sat in the same seat, and teased their girlfriend in precisely the same ways since Game Three of the Oakland series. They did all those things the same, and the Sox still lost... clearly, therefore, it was my hat (and/or shaving, but I think it was the hat) that made the difference.

I'm really not depressed about the Sox loss: splitting the games in New York is what I would have hoped for. If we can take two of three at Fenway, and then go back to New York with Lowe and Pedro - I like our chances.