1.19.2004

Clear Vision

Just got in from an excellent conference out in Lee's Summit, a sprawling tentacle of Kansas City. My visceral distaste for highway-driven, butt-ugly sprawl aside, it was an excellent conference. Here's the top 10 list:

10. Now on sale, Kansas City Chiefs merchandice!
9. Not thinking about homework, teaching, or work. A pleasant retreat from a brain standpoint.
8. Good seminar called "Roadblocks" on how to deal with the enemy. The balanced, godly view of the Devil and how to resist him that I'd been hoping for, since I've let spiritual warfare slide in the few years.
7. Getting a peace about my plans - I didn't hear from God, but I also didn't hear anything from Him or through speakers that caused me to question my short- or long-term plans much.
6. Breaking a sweat in worship. By the end of Saturday night, the sanctuary smelled like a locker room.
5. The Pit. Sinking your teeth into meat slathered in a savory Midwestern barbeque sauce...mmm. Nothing like this in the East, and if there were it would cost twice as much.
4. Tom Eaton. "I'm gonna take the gloves off here. Are you a sluggard?"
3. God-centered conversations with other New Englanders. Props to my pals!
2. Prayer time for all the NewFrontiers church plants and worldwide vision.
1. Hosts Linda and Mark, plus their kids and dogs. Totally serving - gave us the keys to the car, cleaned the master bath for us to use, put food in front of us incessantly. Even rooted for the Pats in the playoffs.