5.17.2004

And hope does not disappoint us

I applied for a job in D.C. - "the perfect job" - doing what I love (running Model Arab Leagues for high school and college kids). I knew a few others who had applied for it, and the week they told us they would make a decision, word spread through the grapevine that it had gone to Jeff from Berry College. He's a good guy and well qualified, so I didn't feel unfairly passed over, but it was still a bit of a blow.

I spent the past week searching diligently for jobs in Boston. I sent out resume after resume and cover letter after cover letter, and I don't know if people will be offering me jobs with titles like "Staff Assistant", but if they do I'll have to disappoint them, because I got a phone call this morning from D.C., and the first words out of her mouth were, "We'd like to offer you the position". Praise God!! I feel like I'm walking on air, and I'm about to go give my 2 weeks notice at my part-time job (which has been a huge blessing itself).

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. - Romans 5:5