9.25.2004

Bike Ride

Took a nice bike ride out to Vienna today. This is the time of year that it really pays to live in NoVa - it's like summer in Boston! Passed a guy wearing a Soxaholix t-shirt on the path... gotta respect that kinda fandom after a loss like last night's.

At the bike shop, I had my rear wheel trued and brakes tightened. It's nice to get somethin' for nothin'; this was my free 30-day tune-up.

I don't think I've ever run over a squirrel before. Honestly, I didn't see it, but you know how squirrels are - when they sense danger, they run to their favorite tree, even if that means crossing the street (or bike path) in front of said danger. So the squirrel wasn't in front of me, but after a felt a bump and something firm thwap against my pedaling foot, I looked behind and saw the poor devil scurrying away. The white trashy guy on the bike behind me just laughed and shook his head.