4.26.2002

I AM GOING TO BEIRUT!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! JUST WHEN I'D GIVEN UP ALL HOPE OF BEING ACCEPTED THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL READING Dear applicant, I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in the AUB Summer Arabic Program 2002. Please confirm whether you will be attending the program as soon as possible. You will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $200 by April 30th in order to reserve your place in the program. You will receive an official letter of acceptance with more information very soon. Congratulations, and I look forward to welcoming you in Beirut.

Yesterday I'd already begun to wrestle with the difficult question of what to do with my summer if I wasn't going; we aren't going to have a house, so it wouldn't be easy. But God came through and answered this prayer! Praise to Him!