5.24.2002

6:20

I set my alarm clock for 8:00. That was at 2:00am last night, when I turned in after watching Chicken Run (amusing but dumb, C-) over at 108. I awoke to an alarm clock, summoned the willpower not to go back to sleep, rolled onto my feet and stumbled to the shower. Twenty-five minutes later (I'm a slow showerer when I'm that tired, and I shaved too) I was back in my room to get dressed and have a quiet time. I looked at the alarm clock, wondering how long I'd taken. The alarm clock read 6:47. What? 6:47. I remembered setting it for 8:00 the night before, or actually just painfully few hours before. Then I realized I had never turned my watch alarm off after wanting to get up at 6:20am last Sunday to climb Monadnock. So I had a long and productive morning at home, before coming in to have Professor Haleem announce that my only class today was canceled because she didn't have anything to say. What a beautiful day, though; great cycling weather.