6.06.2002

Life Update

So now I'm living out at Ponkapoag with my family full-time. There hasn't been any real tension, except maybe this morning, when my Dad and I got up to leave at 6:30 after a stormy night (there was lightning somewhere very nearby in the middle of the night).

I'm 198 pages into "Crime and Punishment" right now... it's actually pretty good if you can deal with the occasional choppiness of translated material. I've also taken "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch", "Brave New World", and "A Farewell to Arms" out of the library to catch up a bit on my classics. Besides reading, there's swimming to do, probably a week-long bike trip to get in shape for, and Barnabas to play with.

I'm at school today for 2 finals. My Arabic one was even easier than I had anticipated... she didn't even put the verbal nouns on the exam! I just hope I've been well-prepared for studying in Beirut. Next I have a team meeting to put together our project, and then an exam in Int'l Econ: Finance. I hate those tests: lots of trivia, multiple choice, sometimes true-false, and then problem solving. The problem-solving I can do; it's the trivia multiple-choice that kills me.

I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself for the next three weeks. Hence the week-long bike trip. I wish I had the mental stamina to seriously study some Arabic, but I've never been able to study in the past, and right now I'm so sick of school that it's not gonna be any easier. Actually, I'm not really sick of school; I'm sick of classes. If I could be in school and not have to do any work, that would be great. Right. Never mind. So far I've enjoyed being away from computers and their attendant responsibilities. We have a radio out there, and two cars, so we're not "imprisoned", and we stay abroad the Red Sox and the world in general.