10.22.2002

Number Thirteen

I think it's thirteen anyway; I'm starting to lose count. Geez, talk about brutal; this guy is following trends, and playing the D.C. populace like so many sheep. Just when we all start guessing that he's gone south and the aerial surveillance has deterred him... bam, he's back in Aspen Hill, near where he started. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to home group tonight; I ride/drive right through the intersection where the shooting happened. And I know the look of it well enough to know that it would be a piece of cake to hide in the abundant woods there and take a pot shot at someone. Fortunately, this fellow's not dead, at least not yet. This marks the second string of two shootings in a row where the victim hasn't died. And it marks a new birth of fear in my area, where we thought we'd had our fill of killings. No such luck, and until he's caught, a lot of people are going to be very on edge.