10.07.2002

Work

I still enjoy my work, though I'm trying to be less (visibly) frustrated when things get interrupted and we're assigned to do pointless busywork, as often happens. I've logged a lot of hours - I have 20 saved up, which will come in handy with my God-willing trip home this Friday. Right now I'm waiting for the copy machine to plow its way through the 2nd ream of the afternoon, as we commence to copy the last week's press clippings on everything Peace Corps. It's not an exciting task, but the copier does most of the work. Usually we do this on Friday but our "special" employee in charge of copiers (he's been here since 1963; they say don't get him mad or his unique mind will flip) couldn't fix the toner, so an outside technician had to be brought in. So we're 4 days late (it won't get finished until tomorrow).

Well, I'm off to buy some new underwear (I know you all wanted to be...umm... briefed on that situation), and I've successfully logged more overtime - an hour and a half of it today.

P.S. Sniper's still on the loose; a 13-yr-old was shot outside his Maryland school this morning.