11.14.2003

Thank God For Weekends!

When God invented the weekend, He knew we needed it. As I've become reasonably busy this semester, I've made more and more of an effort to keep the sabbath holy: church, food, football, friends, quiet time. Spending a day not worrying about duties or anything akin to them is exceedingly therapeutic.

But here's the catch: the Labor Movement invented the two-day weekend. And Northeastern University invented the three-day weekend. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my three day weekends! But that much time off takes some real stewardship. I have a half dozen invitations to social events, all involving Christians and food, and I've also got three major papers coming due. With a little carelessness, I could easily remain busy enough all weekend to get nothing done. Funny how that works - the busier we are, the less we do. Hmm. So, God willing, I'll be un-busy enough to actually put some zeroes and ones together on one of my papers. If I write 10 pages a week for the next four weeks, I'm golden.

Thank God for Thanksgiving break.