12.05.2003

Pseudo Friday Five

I don't often do the Friday Five, but Rick's fill-in (the regular creator of this massive meme is on vaca) is an interesting holiday season lead-in.

The Questions:
1) what is the first christmas gift you remember getting as a child?
2) how would you replace "five golden rings" in the 12 Days of Christmas with something that's valuable to you (and fits the meter of the song)
3) what are you getting me for Christmas? (whoops - how did that get in there?)
4) what was your favorite gift to give last year?
5) do you remember/still own/still use any gifts from last year?

My Answers:
1) Wow. Well, I used to (hate) get(ting) sweaters from my grandmother as a child. Playmobile, which started pouring in at age four, was always a gift staple too.
2) "five thousand bucks, four Turkish Kurds, three French fries, two turtlenecks, and a beer."
3) A high-end European sports car. In your dreams.
4) I got a game for my little cousins whom I lived with which involved building rail networks across 18th-century America. So much fun to play with them and their friends!
5) Yeah, the fleece and shirt I'm wearing now both came from the same cousins. The shirt was actually from my French uncle's brother, who hardly spoke any English (about equal to my French), but managed to communicate after I'd gotten a few articles of clothing, that now I could actually look decent for a change. From a Frog, that was quite a compliment.