7.27.2004

Let's be Frank

My coworker Shawn referred an important piece of Federal legislation to me today that needs attention from the voters of America. My representative, Barney Frank, voted the wrong way on a less serious but similar bill, but he (and the rest of the Massachusetts delegation) need to know we are watching their votes and holding them to their campaign promises. Below is my letter, which I urge you to imitate in writing your own congressperson on this hot-button issue.

Dear Sir,

It has come to my attention that a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee is currently considering H. RES. 460. I urge you to vote against this bill should it come to the floor, because it would "congratulate The Ohio State University and the University of Michigan on the 100th football game between the two teams and recognize their rivalry as the greatest sports rivalry in history." While this may be a well-intentioned resolution, it clearly goes against the beliefs and values of the people of the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts, who know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the greatest sports rivalry in history concerns not these two universities but the noble Boston Red Sox and another sports team, which I would not venture to name in polite company.

I appreciate your consideration of this vital matter and your steadfast representation of the 4th District.

Humorously yours,

Salim Furth