2.03.2005

Plans

I finished my grad school applications this past week, applying to Economics Ph.D. programs at Rochester, Boston U, Boston College, Rutgers, and UConn. Last year I aimed higher, and missed on all six shots; we'll see where I land this time around.

I have not closed the door on other options for next year; but few other options have presented themselves. My Peace Corps application is getting held up by a slow-moving civil lawsuit stemming from a 2002 car accident (this is especially a bummer because I can think of at least two friends joining the Peace Corps this summer). My current job does not seem to have great potential for learning, growth, or promotion. Other jobs I applied to last fall have not been offered. If a new opportunity comes up or if I don't get accepted to grad school, I might end up doing something different (or staying at my job), but that's not the situation I'm hoping for.

In the nearer term, I'm visiting Boston this weekend for the Super Bowl, and I hope to see all my peeps and loyal readers while there.