5.16.2005

Movie Monday

Here are a couple of movie reviews I read today:

Bill Simmons on Fever Pitch.
When it finally ended, my father quickly scurried off to hit a men's room. I lingered behind for a few seconds to make sure that there weren't any bonus scenes during the closing credits – just in case they showed Schilling's toast from the champagne celebration or something – then followed him at an adjoining urinal. And we were standing there, peeing in silence, until Dad finally said, "By the way, that sucked."
A surprisingly positive review of Star Wars: Episode III - Return of the Sith.
Would George Lucas at last restore some of the old grandeur and excitement to his up-to-the-minute Industrial Light and Magic? Would my grown-up longing for a return to the wide-eyed enthusiasm of my own moviegoing boyhood - and my undiminished hunger for entertainment with sweep and power as well as noise and dazzle - be satisfied by "Revenge of the Sith"?

The answer is yeth.