7.05.2005

Rockin' Fourth

Just got back this morning from a terrific Independence Day weekend in New England. Saturday, hung out at Ponkapoag with my sister (whom I hadn't seen in six months), and enjoyed a halcyon summer's day - swimming, sailing, walking, eating, playing "Beckon". Just like old times. Sunday, hung out with Ali Baba - we hit up a piss-poor Chowderfest, where 7 out of 10 participating restaurants had canceled. Apparently the Red Tide is no joke. The Harbor was nice, though, and after dinner at my place we went down to the Boston Pops dress rehearsal, which has everything the real celebration has except the fireworks and crushing crowds. On the Fourth, went out with Ali, Dubya, and Stevo to Connecticut for the afternoon - excellent times all around! I'm still digesting the steak tips, and the Boat Parade was pretty cool (and gave new meaning to the word "float"). The one downside: two overnight drives, though Mistie split the driving with me, so I'm only half-dead at work today.

Anyway, hope y'all had as good a holiday as I did.