2.19.2002

Honorable Mention!

The MUN ended well, and I almost got a second resolution of mine passed, but Russia pulled some strong-arm tactics and took advantage of the shortness of time to table mine and let the committee adopt his. Ah well, both he and I, as well as the U.S. received Honorable Mention awards! I was thrilled - it's only the 4th time in Northeastern's tenure at HNMUN that we've received an award (the 3rd time being 10 minutes earlier when my friends Michael and Ted were similarly honored for their efforts). I think the Best Delegate awards for my committee went to Romania and Japan, something I completely fail to understand. I just don't get it. Harvard is notorious for giving awards to fancy schools and ignoring N.U. and other non-Ivies. So I don't put too much stock in my little piece of paper, but I'm glad to bring it home to N.U., as I think our delegation, if not I myself, really deserve a little recognition.