3.04.2002

SOLD
Forty-five groups of people came to our open house today! According to our realtor, who is practically glowing, that's extraordinary. We're asking half a million; hopefully a bidding war will ensue! Remind me to take a picture of the house while the "For Sale" sign is up!

Later... We sold it. A realtor came over with a bid she'd been holding since Thursday night which was just above our asking price. The prospective buyers have two very young children, and a large extended family from Ireland who come over and stay, so they need a big place. Now the hunt in Brookline for suitable housing is in high gear. I'm still holding onto hope that we'll find something for just about our selling price so my Dad can buy another apartment for my friends and I... my dreamhouse. Anyway, the implications of going under agreement tonight is that just 5 days after going on the market we can stop uber-cleaning our house. My bed and bureau can go back where they're comfortable and the morning sun's not in my eyes, and I can leave the clothes on the floor again. Best of all, my Mom is under a lot less stress.