3.03.2002

The N.U. Shuffle
Northeastern University has one of the worst webpages I've ever been unfortunate enough to depend on! I know it's attractive, but its structure is so typical of the bureaucracy that it represents! It took me a good six clicks to get to the how-to-register-for-classes page, which is as unhelpful as you could imagine. I find it hard to believe they can't let us register online OR in person! You may only register by automated phone system. And I just found out you can only do that from 7:30am to 8:30 pm!!

This is why the school dance is called the "N.U. Shuffle", which involves running from one bureaucratic office to another until you amass enough forms or signatures to drop a class, change your address, or whatever you need to do. It's not exactly romantic, but it's great exercise!