11.08.2002

Friday Five

I've never done the Friday Five before, but it's one of blogging's most succesful memes, along with the Mirror Project. It's a set of five facts about yourself that you may post every Friday; the questions are set by Smattering.org.

1. Yes I voted in the elections, by absentee ballot. I wouldn't miss it for the world!
2. My elected officials are Barney Frank (House), Kerry & Kennedy (Senate), Mitt Romney & something Healey (Gov & Lieut. Gov). I don't know any local pols in Brookline.
3. Have I ever contacted an elected official? Hmm... it was a long time ago, but I wrote a very critical letter to President Clinton in '93 or '94. I got a form letter back saying "thanks for your concern"
4. I've participated in lots of demonstrations. Most of them anti-abortion, when I was a kid. I was a semi-participant in a pro-Palestinian rally outside the Israeli embassy here this spring, for like 20 minutes. Mostly I just watched.
5. I have never volunteered in an election. Unless you count working for the County of Norfolk, where the whole Commissioners' office building pulled for their reelection when they came up to vote. We had an awesome automatic postage machine to expedite mass mailings, of which we did a lot. The machine was originally bought - with county funds - for some Commish's reelection campaign.