12.16.2003

Two Down

Four to go.

I have successfully applied (successfully in the sense that the applications are in) to Yale and Columbia for a Ph.D. in Economics. Next up: Brown and New York University. The last batch (a month from now) are MIT and Boston University. I can't describe the relief from submitting these. Downside: it's out of my hands; I can't do a thing to help myself (except prayer, which I have been diligent in).

I've been thinking about adding another school to my list. This may be pedantic, and it mostly grows of the fear that I'm not going to be accepted by four or even five of my choices. It also grows of the fact that this process occurs in December, which I am convinced seriously benefits southern and Californian universities. I mean, where would you rather be right now: Yale or UCLA?