6.03.2004

I'm Alive!

Theoretically, I've only been in D.C. for four days. In reality, it feels more like a couple weeks. If you told me I was in Boston downing burgers and bratwurst at my going away party just last Saturday, I'd tell you that you're crazy.

Work this week has been packing and moving - not just my own stuff, the entire office's! We're moving on Saturday, and there's no way we're going to be ready and packed in time. Makes me feel needed, which is nice, because the rest of my colleagues would be even more under the gun without me.

House hunting is a hassle. On the up side, I've gained a lot of experience that will be useful in looking for a spouse. Just kidding, but some of these renters treat you like it's going to be a marriage; they don't just want to show you the place and make sure you can pay and aren't an animal, they want to know your hobbies, political leanings, how you'll get to work, and everything. I suppose enough lousy roommmates scare you into interviewing people like that, but it makes the process a lot more of a drag than it has to be.

My aunt and uncle and cousins and grandma rock. Woot for family!

Miss you all. Drop me a note or a line; I'll be better at communicating when I get settled in to a new office and apartment.