5.23.2003

More on Work

I didn't say all that I wanted to in "Work", below. To apply all that personally is much harder than to outline the theology of work. I know that God has a specific work prepared for me - and that's a really exciting thought! That work, as far as I've been told, involves bringing His good news to part of the Arab Middle East. The work, however, is in the details, which is how God works. He's led me very faithfully and nimbly to where I am now, and it always blows my mind to see how He got me here.

One of the prophecies that I've had over my life is that I will "plow in another man's field" before I reach my own. That is magnified by its resonance in my heart and mind. It really makes sense, especially knowing that my greatest sin is pride, and working for something other than my own specific calling would allow God to humble me and train me. I don't know what form that will take - it could be anywhere in the world, volunteering or working professionally, working in the church or secularly; I don't know.

In the long run, I have no idea what form my work will take. This concerns me now in my choice of graduate school path. I have major, life-altering decisions to make soon, and I'm trusting God to continue to guide me, as He prepares me for the work ahead.