2.03.2004

Skating

So yeah, nobody of the 20+ people I invited showed up to skate, but I had a great time nonetheless. Started out at BU, skating around just a bit before I decided to head west. Hung my shoes on my belt, tied my jacket around my waist, and took off under the BU Bridge! The ice was pretty good, despite annoying snow in a few places. After lousy snow along Allston, things cleared up near the Arsenal Mall. As I approached Watertown Square I knew I would have to make a decision: take the 57 bus back, or stick it for the long haul to Auburndale, which is equal again to the distance I had come (about five miles).

Actually, I think I should rephrase that: as I approached Watertown Square I thought I would have to make a decision. My decision ended up being made for me, and I performed a triathlon: skating, diving, and running to catch the bus (and escape frostbite).

The only real downside is that my parents' cellphone can't decide whether it's dead or alive. All in all, things went swimmingly.