2.01.2004

The Chops Tax Plan, v. 1.0

OK, mind if I change the tone of the debate? Frankly, the sales tax bores me. It's not all that different from the income tax, except that it has a lot more unanswered questions because it hasn't been tried on that scale before. Somehow Gandhi thinks it will make the government less intrusive. Instead of knowing how much you work, they'll know exactly what you buy. Woo-hoo... I can see it now "Mr. Furth, it has come to our attention that your diet consists largely of sugar and caffeine. The Federal Bureau of Investigative Health recommends that you add 800 grams of vegetable matter to your weekly intake. If we do not see significant improvement in your diet, you may be assigned a Case Shopper from your State Department of Social and Shopping Services. He or she will assist you in making better decisions with your weekly intake. Remember, you are what you eat, and you eat what we say you eat, so you are who we tell you to be."

Oh wait, I said I was going to change the tone of the debate. Hmm, it's just too funny so I'm going to leave it and start over.