11.25.2001

OPEN QUESTION: Is this hatred?

I have to say I feel no remorse whatsoever for the Taliban and al-Qaedites who have been killed en masse in prison revolts and general massacres recently. No remorse. They left their homes in Pakistan, Chechnya, Saudi Arabia, or wherever specifically to fight and possibly die as martyrs in the great Jihad. Now they're dead, and having quite a rude awakening when they find out there really aren't 70 virgins waiting on the other side. So what I'm asking is whether or not my callousness towards the enemy is hatred? I'm not too worried; I've never met a Taliban, doubt that I will, and don't feel strongly about them either way. But patriotism can have a dark side, and I don't know if I'm part of that or not.

So leave me a comment with your humble opinions...Thanks! - Salim