12.03.2001

Phew....sob... sniff...

Well, Joseph is over... It was good. It was very good. Best show, quality-wise, that I've ever done. Biggest net audience too: 1,200. I guess I can't say much without saying everything, which I won't try to do. It was a "good old-fashioned" show in the off-stage aspects. To those of you who don't act, this may seem foreign, and maybe even to those who do act. But there's an emotional connection and a remarkable cameradery from being so dependent on each other on-stage that knits you together off-stage as well. And when the show's over it can be broken pretty violently: those people who were your life all last week are now all back in their own worlds and you all feel disconnected. I suppose Freud would have a heyday with this emotional thing: it builds through the rehearsals to a crescendo on the show weekend, then it ends with a sort of "little death." No, I don't study Freud, but it's kinda obvious.

Freud aside, the show was indeed a blast, and I became friends with a lot of people who are new, or who I knew only marginally from previous shows. And I found out how much I've changed since previous shows, which I'll get into in another post, I think. So, yeah, I gotta go clean up from the Cast Party now.