4.25.2004

Guest Post: Dubya

This post was sent to me in an email from Dubya in response to my "Devil's Advocate". For your consideration:

OK, now normaly I don't have to post a huge reply to everything said about me and I want to keep this short. First of all, what I really said was, "When you stop looking for or desiring a boyfriend, that's usually when you find a girlfriend." I'd like to make clear that I wasn't trying to say something about scripture, but rather about the importance of sexual orientation in finding a spouse.

However, I fully understand that Chops' post was in response to the statement he wrote, so I'll respond to that as well. Lemme break it down for you all. Lemme bring the Word: In the beginning, the Word was with God, and the Word was "Let there be light". That's actually more than one Word, if you want to be technical. Anyway, after practicing on rocks and aminals and such, God created man and woman. Now, the Bible says a few things that are relevant to this topic:
(1) It is better to marry than to burn with passion. Could we all rise and sing: "It's getting hot in here"?
(2) Paul says that marriage is troubling, but this is contradictory with Song of Songs, which doesn't trouble me at all. In fact... never mind, see point (1).
(3) Once you're married do not deprive each other of... never mind, see point (1).
In short, I'm right and Chops is wrong. I hope this clears things up.

Amen. -Dubya